Deadline for responses: 15th July 2022
Sporting Heritage has an excellent track record in supporting and delivering research. We are in the final stages of completing a programme of doctoral research at the moment which many of you will have been involved in, hosted, or heard about.
We are now in the process of developing our consortia application for the next round of Collaborative Doctoral Awards and are issuing our call for consortia members.
In terms of practical engagement at this stage, we would be looking for organisations (size is not important!) across the UK which:
- Focus on sporting heritage
- Wish to develop their research activity and work in partnership with a University
- Would have the capacity to host a studentship for 50% of their programme
- Would ensure student have high quality, hands on, cultural sector experience to benefit their future career throughout their studentship
- Would commit to being a student supervisor
- Has a clear interest and aim to develop equitable, diverse, and inclusive practice and programming
- Does not foresee any issues in the existence of the organisation for the next four years
We are also looking for University partners to work with us on the programme who have an interest in:
- Understanding an developing the research of the role and value of sporting heritage across the UK to meet wider agendas such as education, health and wellbeing, diversity, levelling up and sports participation
- Want to develop their partnerships with the sporting heritage / cultural heritage sector
- Would commit to delivering the admin responsibilities and support for studentships during the programming
- Would support training and development for cultural sector professionals in delivering doctoral supervision
To register your interest in becoming part of the Sporting Heritage Consortia bid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, noting your name, organisation, and briefly answering the above questions by 15th July 2022.