We are so excited!! Thanks to the brilliant support of Art Fund, we are able to offer organisations and community groups the opportunity to access funding as part of National Sporting Heritage Day 2018.
This programme will support increased engagement with local sporting heritage collections which tell the story and stories of sporting activity, heroes, and endeavour.
We are inviting organisations and groups to apply for funding of between £200 and £400. The deadline for receiving applications is 5pm on the 29th June 2018.
National Sporting Heritage Day Community Grants are open to any groups and organisations with a formal constitution. This includes, but is not limited to, museums, archives, libraries, sports clubs and governing bodies, schools, uniformed groups, youth clubs, and community history groups.
The primary aims of this funding strand are to:
1: Celebrate National Sporting Heritage Day – increasing the awareness and understanding of sporting heritage
2: Inspire and engage communities to better understand and share their sporting heritage
Therefore, we support projects which:
- celebrate National Sporting Heritage Day
- are focussed on communities and community engagement
- engage new and different audiences with sporting heritage
- aim to provide greater access to sporting heritage stories, collections, or archives
- give thought to how sporting heritage activity is relevant to them and their communities, aside from National Sporting Heritage Day
Projects should aim to begin no sooner than 1st August 2018, have a focus on the 30th September, and run for no longer than 12 months.
Funding can focus specifically on a one-off activity on or around the 30th September 2018 or be a series of activities.
Funding can be used to support many different types of activity, including (but not limited to):
- Creating resources
- Delivering events (including room hire and catering)
- Arranging transport
- Marketing and publicity
- Volunteer expenses
- Purchasing equipment
- Engaging consultants / experts
- Delivering temporary exhibitions
- Developing new ways of working
- Training and development opportunities
- Backfilling posts
Before completing your application, please download and read the criteria document. You can find all the information in the download section below.
We very much look forward to receiving your application and helping more people celebrate and share their sporting heritage!