Celebrating Diversity in Sport
This year we want more schools than ever to be part of our flagship event, National Sporting Heritage Day, which takes place on 30th September. We know that sport is for everyone and whatever your sport, there is diversity worth celebrating. How can your school get involved in NSHD 2022?
National Sporting Heritage Day is a fantastic opportunity for a summer holiday project or term-time cross curricular activity that will really inspire, excite and engage young people of all ages from primary school to sixth form.
Could your school:
- Deliver a project that celebrates diversity in sport.
- Celebrate an inspirational sports person from the history of your school or a current pupil or member of staff?
- Run a project in partnership with a local sports club, community or individual?
Schools who take part will:
- Have an opportunity to apply for a Community Grant to kick start your project
- Have access to a media and PR Resource pack to help you publicise and promote your event or activity
- Have the opportunity to be selected by our national media partner as part of our national media campaign
- Have the opportunity to nominate one of your pupils to become a National Young Sporting Heritage Champion
- If you are ready to register your interest in taking part this year, please complete the Event Registration Form.