Call for Contributions
After the success of our 2017 conference, our next conference takes place at the Merseyside Maritime Museum in Liverpool on the 14th and 15th November 2018.
The conference theme is a celebration and sharing of the impact of sporting heritage and the stories it tells, and how to engage greater support for the sector going forward.
This call for contributions is open to a range of different organisations and individuals including but not limited to:
- Heritage and culture professionals
- Sports clubs and governing body representatives
- Private collectors
- Health sector professionals
- Arts sector professionals
This call for papers is an inclusive call looking for interesting submissions which demonstrate the impact of sporting heritage, the stories it tells, and how we can raise greater awareness across a range of agendas in the power of these collections. The key elements of all successful contributions will include:
- A clear outline of the heritage involved (including but not limited to objects and ephemera, archives (eg. record books, scrapbooks) photographs, film, oral history, songs, and folklore
- A clear outline of the stories the heritage tells
- A clear outline of why this is heritage is important / of value / has impact and to which agendas for example sports participation, heritage participation, education, health and well-being, tourism.
To send us your ideas for a conference presentation, please download the attachment below and email to email@example.com by the 31st May 2018.