Sporting Heritage are currently delivering a programme of activity, working with a panel of sporting heritage specialists, and conducting targeted audience research and engagement activities, aimed at creating a National Framework for Sporting Heritage in Wales.
The framework will be both a strategic document outlining the needs and opportunities for sporting heritage in Wales but will also be practical in its approach.
The underpinning aims and objectives of the framework are as follows:
- To ensure that there is a cohesive and strategic approach to sporting heritage activity and development in Wales which will ultimately enable thriving cultural activity and support cohesive communities
- To ensure that there is a long-term approach to sporting heritage activity in Wales which enables a resilient and sustainable programme of support protecting and sharing collections for future generations
- To ensure that the strategic approach to sporting heritage in Wales enables ignored histories to be uncovered, shared, celebrated and recognised as vital to the story of Welsh heritage in general
- To ensure that audiences, co-curation and participatory delivery are central to the framework’s ethos
- To ensure that both tangible and intangible heritage are central to the framework
- To consider the opportunities for sporting heritage in Wales to increase a number of relevant output agendas such as sports partipcation, education, and well-being outputs connected to mental health
The framework should be ready to launch in the summer of 2021.