What’s Your Digital Story? – Online Resources
Over the last four months we have been working to deliver a package of support to the sporting heritage sector to help improve the sector’s digital skills. The project, funded by ArtFund UK, has allowed Sporting Heritage CIC to create a film-making resource pack to help those with sporting heritage collections to share their collections and stories online.
We hope that these resources and links will be a helpful step-by-step guide to those hoping to produce and share their own short films. These resources include:
- Film making crib sheet – an overview of how to make sure your films are technically high quality and easy to share on all social media platforms (attached below)
- A 10 minute film-making tutorial – this includes practical tips for how to plan, record and share your film
- A recording of the film making webinar, Using Sports Collections in Digital Storytelling and Filmmaking, held in July with our Digital Project Coordinators and filmmaker Si Gamble
- A recording of the podcasting webinar, Introduction to Podcasting: Record, Edit and Share, delivered by podcasting expert, Russell Todd.
- A companion, in-depth tutorial film about recording and editing a podcast using free software, Cleanfeed.
- Podcast crib sheet – a simple reference guide to help you plan your podcast recordings (attached below).
Please visit our YouTube channel to see more examples of the films we have made in partnership with sporting heritage organisations and collectors so far.
We have also identified the need for additional 1-1 support for sporting organisations at the start of their digital storytelling journey and we are excited to announce that we have been successful in securing funding to deliver this from the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Throughout the rest of this year and into 2021 we will be working with digital experts to deliver a series of in-depth online workshops and respond to the needs of the sector. If you would like to get involved or find out more about what support we can offer you and your organisation, please get in touch with our Digital Project Coordinators, Belinda Scarlett and Kate Turner at:
More information about this continuing support will also be available here soon.
Thank you to all that participated so far!