We’re looking for a team of new Associates to join our expertise bank in support of the sector over the coming years. Interested? Read on……
How can you help us?
As Sporting Heritage grows, we are approached more and more by key infrastructure and funding partners, local authorities, higher education establishments, sporting organisations, and newly established or developing museums, sports, heritage, arts, charities and social enterprises. Their requests are diverse but include:
• Help to set up new organisations, structures, policies and procedures
• Help with research and feasibility studies
• Help to develop internal policies, procedures and processes
• Help with governance structures and governing bodies
• Help with business planning
• Help with income diversification
• Help with funding applications
• Help to develop new projects and/or programmes
• Speaking at events and conferences
Even though we do try to help and assist as many people as possible, we recognise that we are restricted by the size of our core team, and thus want to enhance our skill, knowledge, expertise and experience by setting up an Associates Network of trusted independent consultants . The aim of this network will be to expand and enhance the offer that Sporting Heritage can provide to the wider sports heritage sector by collaborating and working with a range of professionals across key disciplines.
If you are Interested
If you think you might be interested in being a part of this Associate Bank, could you please send an up to date CV & covering letter to Dr Justine Reilly at email@example.com to arrive on or before 12pm on the 8th May 2020. Can you please use the subject heading – Sporting Heritage Associates Bank. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of your response (please allow up to 48 hours). Should you not receive this confirmation, please contact 07971 008037 to check we have your application. If you have any further questions regarding this brief or the Associates Bank please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the covering letter can you provide the additional information:
• Why you are interested in being on the Associates Bank, your interest in working with Sporting Heritage and the sector we represent
• Your key skills, experience, expertise that may be useful to the Bank
• Key areas / projects you would be interested in being involved with
• Your hourly / daily rate
• Your Insurance Cover details (Need to agree what the minimum limit we want from them is)
• 2 referees of current or most recent clients
• Any other information you believe may be useful – including membership of professional bodies, volunteering or pro-bono initiatives you are involved with etc……
Please Note: If you are accepted as an Associate on the Sporting Heritage Associate Bank this does not mean that you are guaranteed work. Once we have the required number of consultants with the skills and expertise we require we will be able to promote Sporting Heritage and our Associate Bank to members, partners, stakeholders, and funders.
Selection Process and Timescale
The aim of the Associate Bank is to extend the core team of Sporting Heritage to include professionals across a wide range of disciplines enabling the social enterprise to become a more flexible and responsive subject specialist network supporting it’s members and the wider heritage sector. We will provide all successful Associates with a contract, handbook, as well as guidance on branding, marketing, and communication.
1) The closing date for applications to the Associate Bank is 8th May 2020
2) Telephone / Skype / Zoom interviews will take place w/c 11th or 18th May 2020
3) The successful candidates will be notified by the 21st May 2020
4) Contracts, and relevant information will be sent by 5th June 2020
5) Inaugural webinar (?)for all Associates will take place w/c 8th or 15th June 2020
6) Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email and feedback provided on request. Please note we are a small team so feedback will be limited to key, headline points.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, disability, and ethnic group. Appointment will be based solely on merit and ability to deliver the brief.