Online Exhibition 1 / Heroes and Heroines of the First World War
Ten online exhibitions are planned over the next two years, as part of the Sporting Heritage and the Armed Forces project. These online exhibitions offer not only the opportunity to look at collections in a new way – thus helping to attract fresh audiences, but also the prospect of gaining a profile beyond the local area for the institutions taking part. The first exhibition features ‘Heroes and Heroines of the First World War’, highlighting the lives and sporting achievements of individuals involved in the 1914-18 conflict.
Contributing to the online exhibition is simple.
You can send your information to email@example.com
When sending Carl information it would be helpful to include the following information:
* Name of Sportsperson
* Date of birth of Sportsperson
* X 3 images (jpeg) – 1 of which should be your organisational logo
* X 2 quotations either by or about the individual
* X 1 video (MP4)/audio (MP3) clip (if available)
* Summary text – why the individual is significant
* Main text – focussing on both their sporting and military roles
We would also welcome themes for possible future exhibitions. The First World War was an obvious starting point due to the coming centenary of the Armistice, but more recent stories will be at the heart of subsequent online exhibitions.