Kick off! Engaging with Scotland's sporting heritage
This FREE one-day conference was delivered in February 2018 at the Scottish Football Museum. It celebrated the exciting range of projects promoting and developing sporting heritage collections across Scotland.
- Justine Reilly (Sporting Heritage)
- Imogen Gibbon (Scottish National Portrait Gallery)
- Richard McBrearty (Scottish Football Museum)
- Clare Button (University of Edinburgh)
- Karyn Williamson (ARA Section for Business Records)
- Maureen McGonigle (Scottish Women in Sport)
Presentations uncovered the unsung heroes of Scottish sport and showed how they can be celebrated in Halls of Fame; highlight the value of business records for sporting heritage; and demonstrate the steps that are being taken to preserve the heritage of a range of sports including gymnastics and roller derbies!
The event also provided an opportunity for a wider discussion on the challenges and possibilities of developing Scotland’s sporting heritage collections and there was an opportunity to view the displays in the Scottish Football Museum, including the Cricket Scotland exhibition.